Berryessa Union School District (BUSD) uses Google Apps for Education (GAFE) to enable faculty, staff and students to more effectively work together and communicate with each other. Google Apps provides the following main features:
● Gmail - email featuring strong protection against spam and viruses,
● Google Drive - online file storage service + Google Docs,
● Google Docs - online office suite featuring creation & editing of documents,
spreadsheets, presentations/slideshows, and much more, and
● Google Calendar - time-management and scheduling application.
BUSD attempts to educate children about Internet and email safety however we also realize that your children will also use the computer at home and in the community. The tips below will help you keep your children safe while they are online.
● Always place the computer in a high traffic area.
● Monitor your computer for instant message accounts and make sure that if your child uses instant messaging, you know who is on their chat list.
● Check the history of your Internet browser and the history of any instant message programs.
● Have frequent conversations with your child about appropriate use of the Internet, email, and other communication tools.