Measure L was passed under the rules of Proposition 39, which directs that the Board of Trustees appoint a Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee to monitor bond expenditures. The organization and conduct of the CBOC is laid out in the CBOC By-laws, which are approved by committee members and the BUSD Board of Trustees.
To view the requirements and guidelines of citizens oversight committees as mandated by Proposition 39, please view the CBOC By-laws.
MEASURE L CITIZENS’ BOND OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE (CBOC) VACANCIES (2 year term):
- Taxpayer Organization Representative - One current vacancy for a member of a bona-fide taxpayer’s association.
- Parent & PTA Representative: One current vacancy for a Parent or Guardian of a child enrolled in the District and an active member in a Parent-Teacher Organization.
- Senior: One vacancy starting May 8th, 2018, for an active member in a senior citizen’s organization.
- Parent of Child Representative: One vacancy starting May 8th, 2018, for a Parent or Guardian of a child enrolled in the District.
- Business Representative: One vacancy starting May 8th, 2018, for an active member of a business organization representing business community located in the District.
This Committee is responsible for reviewing expenditures related to the District’s $77,000,000 general obligation bond, Measure L, approved by the voters on November 4, 2015. Members serve two‐year terms.