*The Online Portal is available for the 2023-2024 school year. The Enrollment Process is NOT complete until you have received a confirmation of completion email. If you need assistance please contact your school site directly.
Please read carefully!
- Registration for students new to the district for the 2023-2024 school is open.
- All students who live within the Berryessa Union School District boundaries are guaranteed a placement in a district school, not necessarily at your resident school.
- A child who will reach the age of five on or before September 1 of the school year is eligible to enroll in kindergarten at the beginning of that school year or at any later time in the same year.
- Students whose fifth birthday falls between September 2nd and June 2nd are eligible for a Transitional Kindergarten Program for 2023-2024. Transitional Kindergarten is the first year of a two-year kindergarten program. Not all Berryessa Elementary Schools have Transitional Kindergarten programs. Transitional Kindergarten is currently available at Brooktree, Toyon, Ruskin, Majestic Way, Northwood, and Vinci Park Elementary schools. The District strives to place TK students at a site nearest to their resident elementary school.
New Families to the District
New students can register online. Follow the instructions provided in the online portal. Information about the student such as emergency contacts, medical and language information will be collected. Upon completion, please print a copy of the registration and complete steps 2 through 8 below. Note: You will need a valid email address in order to register online. If you do not have an email address, you may sign up for a free email account from Google.
Currently Enrolled Students
Students who attended a district school last year and are simply moving from one grade to another or who are moving from an elementary school to a middle school are not required to register again. Your student will be automatically enrolled in the next grade. New 6th graders are automatically assigned to their resident middle school. Families with new middle school students will receive information from their school regarding needed forms and schedule information during the summer, usually in August.
Please read the 2023-2024 Enrollment Information Page and the Parent Check-off List prior to starting the enrollment process.
BUSD Enrollment Form
- Miscellaneous Enrollment Documents: (These forms are included in the Online Registration process.):
- Home Language Survey: English Spanish Vietnamese Chinese
- Student Media Release Form: English Spanish Vietnamese Chinese
- Student Technology Agreement: English
- Understanding School Assignment: English Spanish Vietnamese Chinese
- Residency Declaration/Family Affidavit: English Spanish Vietnamese Chinese
- Family Affidavit: English Spanish Vietnamese
- Residency Documents
- Residence Verification Table: English Spanish Vietnamese Chinese
- Please note: The following items are NOT accepted as proof of residency:
- A post office box as an address
- A letter from a bank stating an account has been opened in your name
- Telephone bill
- A driver's license or California ID
- The District reserves the right to request additional proofs of residency as necessary. Additional documentation can and may be requested. Meeting all of the above requirements may not satisfy the District's reasonable doubt regarding a student's age, parent/guardian status, or residency.
- Unannounced home visits by a District Administrative Staff member may be conducted on an ongoing basis during the student's attendance at Berryessa schools.
- Age Verification:
- Birth Certificate, hospital certificate, passport, or baptismal certificate.
- California Immunization Records (as current as is age-appropriate)
- Report of Health Examinations for School Entry (Preferred for K. Required for 1st Grade.) English
- Original Child's Immunization Record from Health Care Provider.
- Note: If your child was enrolled in a previous school in California, a verified copy of the "California School Immunization Record Form" may be brought from the previous school for enrollment.
- TB Risk Assessment for School Entry: English Spanish Vietnamese Chinese
- Required Health Forms
- Optional Forms and Important Information
- Once you have submitted your application you will receive an email confirmation. Once your application has been processed, you will receive another email confirmation.
- Unable to use the Online Registration System? Print out a Paper Enrollment Packet-English, Spanish, Vietnamese, and Chinese (Translated documents to be used for reference ONLY! Enrollment packets must be completed in English).